Learning Differences Schools
Although many private day and boarding schools have services for students with learning differences or cognitive challenges, some students need a more intense and supportive environment. These students might struggle with learning differences, executive function deficits, ADD/ADHD-attention deficit disorder with or without hyperactivity or Asperger’s Syndrome. It is important for each family to understand the services that special needs schools offer in comparison to the services that public or independent schools offer. Schoolsearch will help you clarify this information.
To assist each family with this information, the process includes:
• Determining the needs of both child and family
- Understanding of the philosophy of each school being considered
- Understanding the admission process and determining an appropriate time line
- Reviewing all previous educational and psychological evaluations
- Performing additional diagnostic testing (if needed)
- Assisting with interview preparation, essay and application completion
- Following the student from the initial visit to his/her final decision
- Communicating with admission personnel as needed.